Monday 20 July 2009

I will never (willingly) set foot in an ODEON cinema again.

I went yesterday to the drear gulag which is the Odeon+IMAX in Greenwich
Peninsula- a breeze block silo, 10 minutes by bus from the nearest tube
station on a traffic with a handful of chain outlets (Nandos, Prezzo
etc) at its foot, their windows looking out on one side at a rubbish
burning plant, on the other over a litter strewn carpark.

The foyer was dirty, and worn, none of the screens opened on time,
leading to long queues for the escalators, the place was scattered with
notices apologising for the broken air-con, broken lights etc etc. I
got to my seat at last, the film started ... and the emergency lights -
bare florescent bulbs- came on overhead and stayed on for the entire
film. If it hadn't taken 90 minutes to get there, I would have walked out.

As it was, I stayed, and squinted at the screen, and even enjoyed the film.
Then headed out to the loos - just in time to see them *both* being
closed for cleaning. So another 10 minute queue, in preparation for a
long bus ride.

Odeon still haven't acknowledged my last letter/email- so I expect
bugger all this time.
I'll just take my £10-£20 a week elsewhere.

No comments: