Wednesday 29 July 2009

've just realised - I do more 'cooking' at work than at home

My locker drawer is full of knives, lemons, pepper, stock powder, soy
sauce, the office fridge is full of broad beans, kale, onions, rhubarb,
yoghurt.
When I open the mug cupboard a pile of Chinese takeaway boxes* threatens
to topple onto my head.

(*These are the best storage boxes I have ever encountered. These are at
least 3 years old, and still going strong; practically indestructible in
a freezer or a microwave, and all of about 10p each from on the
Chinatown supermarkets).

So - lunch today was a courgette, kale, celery, spring onion and
coriander soup.
I shredded all the veg, packed them in the box to steam in the microwave
for 3 minutes, then added stock, soy sauce, lime juice, more coriander,
pepper...
Desert was pineapple - half price in the market today.

It's getting to the stage where I might as well have the weekly veg box
delivered direct to the office!

No comments: