Thursday 27 August 2009

Not so cheery today

It might be the hacking cough, or the runny nose or dull grey weather,
or the thought that I won't get the cottage clean and habitable before
the end of my week here, but I just don't feel chipper up here at the
moment.

I thinks its just not knowing where to start work next - I'm hitting
dead ends, where I can't clean "this" until "that" is done... and
"that" needs to be fixed, or bleached, or moved...

Barry is at work stitching up the cracks in the back wall, and devising
long term plans to improve the drainage - I'm just very aware that
another summer has slipped by without me spending time up here doing
anything but sweeping and washing and shovelling out bird poo...

Actually - it's definitely the cough. I need whisky. Everything will
look rosier through the bottom of a tumbler of amber fluid!

No comments: