Friday 28 August 2009

One for the toad...

Five minutes ago Barry jumped as he moved the old divan base in the back
bedroom - and so did the toad who was crouched beneath.

I don't know who was more surprised.

I scooped up the smaller, wartier of the two, and carried it to the
door. It was cool and light and a little cobwebby, and gazed at me with
yellow and brown eyes.

Last seen dragging its dusty tum into the rockery.

"I'm not so keen on toads" said Barry, and fetched his thermos.

Halfway through the day:
-replace the glass in the living room window. DONE.
- scrub and air mattress DONE
- wash the bedroom and living room floors - 1/3 DONE
- stitch and render the interior of the back room - about to start,
after a toad-free teabreak.

Didn't get to make shortbread last night, thanks to an infestation of
ankle-biting rug rats, aka my nieces.
But I did drink whisky, and discover that "Twilight" the movie is as
inane as I had feared.

No comments: