Saturday 18 April 2009

Mysterious visitors to the Stone Caravan: Dear "Goldilocks"...

...Thank you for looking after my home so well while I was away.

I was certainly surprised to discover that someone had found a way into
the cottage, and had sat in my chair, and slept (?) in at least 1 of the
3 bed.

But I delighted to realise that my mysterious visitors had clearly loved
the place as much I do, that much of the chaos left after the flood had
been removed, and that nothing appeared to be missing. In fact, it made
walking back into my home a much less distressing experience than I had
feared!

You may have believed the Stone Caravan was abandoned (rather than
simply evacuated after the flood),but you treated it with the respect it
deserved.

The arrangement of furniture suggests that you have enjoyed several days
in by the fireside, curled on the sofa which you found in the back room,
reading the books which you carefully reshelved. I hope the stay was
peaceful.

I am keen to discover how you got in - not because I fear that you will
do any damage, but because others who follow may not behave with as much
love and care as you.

So, if you read this, (and by some chance recognise yourselves as the
visitors to an isolated cottage below Kielder Water, feel free to
comment - anonymously if you prefer. I'd love to hear what you found,
what you did, what you thought. And perhaps, as long as the owner also
approves, perhaps a legitimate return visit could be arranged.

(A small contribution towards the gas and firewood you used is not
essential, but would be appreciated....)

No comments: