Wednesday 28 October 2009

Is there a Deity (or Saint - I'll be ecumenical here) of small but essential mechanical objects?

a.) 6am: - My alarm light fails to light.

b.) 7am: (having overslept because of a.)above ) - The bathroom light
switch snaps, and I have to brush my teeth in the dark.

c.) 7.50 am: (running late because of a.) and b.) above) - The cashpoint
is out of order.

d.) 8.05 am: (running still later because of a.), b.) and c.) above) -
The coffee machine at the cafe is out of order.

e.) 8.10 am (now 60 mins behind because of a.), b.) and c.) and a touch
irritable in light of d.) above.) - My propelling pencil ceases to propel.

f.) 8.30 am Finally, with cash and a coffee in front of me - my netbook
starts to grouch in the few minutes of writing time left before I clock ...

If you know of any entities I should sacrifice, pray or plead to, please
send forwarding address, plus a list of suitable bribes for said being.

No comments: