Thursday 15 October 2009

Working hard to finish the Ethiopian script, it just seems to crawl along. 

I'm also transcribing a stage script which I put together 10 years ago  (Oh crap, 10 years?  I am soooooo old!) - which exists only as a photocopy of the Stage Managers notes, some scribbled diagrams and a handful of excellent photographs.

My Lead Actor was single but dating at the first read through - by the last night he was pregnant and engaged.  I bumped into Mrs Lead Actor a few months ago, and the strapping pre-teen who was conceived one night after rehearsals.  So old!  So very very old!

Making a stage play is so much quicker than writing a film - you just need a room, some people with excellent memories for movement and language, and lots and lots and lots of gaffer tape.  You can do it in a weekend.

I wonder if carrying gaffer tape will speed up the writing?

 

No comments: